Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Feeling all powerful?

Ever feel like you would have to be a superhero to get everything done? This morning I had that feeling. Part of it was self inflicted, part of it was divine influence. :) Ryan and Connor both have head colds, but Ryan woke up barking like a seal and we determined visit to the doctor was in order. Meanwhile, Connor pretty much hasn't fallen asleep before 9pm (unless he hasn't had a nap) in about a week. Both are super overtired... but sleep is enemy and must be resisted at all costs. :)
So now I have two overtired, sick kids, and we have a meeting with Connor's speech people to see if he qualifies for additional services (post 3 yrs old), a Dr's visit to fit in and on top of everything, I forgot my power supply for my laptop for work (oops, there's the self infliction) and all needs to be taken care of between 9:30am and noon. ANYWAY... Lise and I are about to run out the door in different directions to take care of our errands and we find out that Marie fell, and broke her glasses (and her unit is locked down due to an outbreak of the norwalk virus -- eek-- it's enough to make your head explode). Seriously, I know... it's just how life is, and other folks have it much worse than I, but this blog is about my self indulgent blatherings (see the title), so deal... So it all got done and no one was seriously sick, injured, or excluded from services or fired, but in the midst of it all, as I barreled down the highway at 65MPH, on my way to the Pharmacy with Batman and Robin in tow, I thought... "If I was the Flash, I'd be done by now.", and then I thought "If I WAS the Flash... I'd have other problems... better count my blessings."

-SuperMike

2 comments:

Em & Tim said...

Sounds like you guys need a vacation from it all... If I ever buy a powerball ticket and win I'll take you back to Hawaii with me!! :) Until then check out the posting on my blog for some stress relief..

PS Supermike, can you help with the powerball too???

Anonymous said...

Think you had a bad day?

I was depressed last night so I called Lifeline.
Got a call center in Pakistan.
I told them I was suicidal.
They got all excited and asked if I could drive a truck.