Saturday, January 5, 2008

Alas, poor Yoric Yuletide, I knew him well...

It was a pretty warm day and we have been out enjoying it. We had breakfast at the flamingo place and Connor had a half-sponge-bob-robot, half-bunny French toast thing that he gleefully ate, and Ryan, being 4 going on 15 ate his grilled muffin while griping but without incident. I still love sending the boys to the front to pay the bill. Today as to break up the week, we didn't go as superheros. It's fun no matter what happens, but when batman and robin show up to pay the bill, it's a special treat for the entire restaurant.

Like any other day, when we got home, the firemen arrived. :) Seems that dispatch heard the number wrong or assumed that problems with fireplaces on our street should be routed through us... After a little confusion, they left and checked out a CO alarm a few doors down. My neighbor just couldn't stand it anymore and had to call me and see what the heck was going on. I told her one of my girlfriends and Lise were fighting over me again... It's only neighborly to give the folks on the street a good story to whisper about at parties.

When we failed at naps, Lise and I packed the kids off to torture them at IKEA for an hour or two. Off to our second meal out (gotta stop that) and then home for lots of overtired playing (stop touching me, no you're touching me... MOM!!!) while Lise and I cleaned up and took out the Christmas tree. Yuletide and his dancing penguin friends were my first victim of the night, and although I did decapitate him, I still love love him and will revive him and his dancing Arctic friends early in the Christmas season next year. Now it's truly the end of Christmas (day 12) and tomorrow is Epiphany and I wonder what profound thing I can come to tomorrow so I can make a proper celebration of it. :) Who knows, maybe it will come to me when the fire department visits again. We do love it when they pop by.
-Mike

No comments: