Friday, January 18, 2008

The Damnedest Things...

One of my favorite things about my friend Andy's Blog is the quotes he drops up there from his kid. They are always funny. My favorite thing Ryan has said lately was when I asked him where he thought he got his name from. He replied the way a 16 year old might when you ask him where he put the car: "Daaad... don't be silly, it was on the basket" I sat for a minute and asked "What basket?" Ryan's eyes rolled and he stared at me like I was a complete idiot. "THE BASKET, Dad... you know ... the one I came in at the hospital." :) Just last night I told him that if he didn't get into bed, I was gonna shove him back in the basket he came in. to which Ryan retorted "My-CULLLL!... I ate too much and I'm too fat, and they don't take BIG KIDS BACK!... Do they, Mom?"


It's true that Kids say the darnedest things, but I think it's more amazing what you say. "STOP LICKING YOUR BROTHER!", "No eating out of the garbage!", "Stop licking the fireplace (hearth)!", "You're doing a good job, but you need to use toilet paper to wipe with, not paper towels." , "This is the last time I'm going to tell you to STOP LICKING THINGS!", seem to make sense to me in a way that I couldn't fathom 5 years ago. Then again, if you had asked me 5 years ago if I'd be saying goodnight to a stuffed monkey every night... I would have probably told you that you were crazy.
Goodnight George

No comments: