Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentines Day & More

I missed blogging these last two days. It's been a busy week for us and I'll do my best to cove the big stuff... On Thursday, we celebrated Valentines day by getting the kids to bed and (sadly I admit) watching Lost. Lise is intrigued by the plot and where it's headed. We kept things light and enjoyed time together without kids.

Friday was another story. I worked from home this Friday to collect Connor from the bus. Ryan is done with school about 15 minutes before Connor arrives home via the bus, so it's basically impossible for Lise to pick up Ryan and get home. I waited at the end of the driveway for about 10 minutes and Lise came from one direction as the bus pulled around the corner from the other direction. I guess I'll be collecting Connor on Fridays for the rest of the year. :) So Lise got to be there and get Connor off the bus. Connor seemed more tired than anything and all was well. During a failed attempt to nap, our lawyer arrived and we refinanced the house. It was a comedy of errors with misspelled names, and wrong rates, that required faxing, remote computer access, coffee and banana bread. Our paperwork completed, we sent our law-man back to the office to fix the rest of the papers and I headed out for an astrology reading. (yes, me... Lise set it up) It was an interesting experience, and reminded me of a therapy session. Regardless of your opinion on that kind of stuff, it was a fun experience and I'm glad I did it.

After I returned from that, Lise and I fed the kids and headed out for dinner ourselves. We ALMOST saw a movie last night, but the combination of being exhausted and getting out of dinner at about 7:30, and every movie starting at 7:20 or 9:40, we went home to watch a movie at home... and pretty much fell asleep. :) Oh well... the death of romance? I don’t think it's dead yet, just in need of some sleep and less preschool. :)

I'll post again tonight... This evening, my cousin Rachael and her son Greivin (pronounced Grey-bean) will be stopping by and spending the night before continuing South to New Jersey to visit my Parent's and Sister's houses. I haven't seen her in several months, and it should be interesting to see how much Greivin has grown.

No comments: