Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday, Fuzzy Sunday

A beautiful Sunday morning and we thought... "Oh this is a good day to work like fools!" and we moved the swing set carcass out to the driveway so that we can call someone to pick it up... It's not that it's so heavy, but it's more that I have enough junk to send an entire Saturday making trips back to the Dump, and frankly, I'm too lazy for that. Now the yard is clear of the swing set... what next?

After dumping the swing set in a pretty heap, I went to the Home Depot to see if I could find a tool to help me remove the baseboard heat cover in the bathroom. The previous owner apparently wasn't a "marksmen" in the bathroom and the heater covers were rusted. ugh... Anyway, I ALMOST get them off, but there is this annoying lip under the existing covers, and you need to bend them or nip them off... No can do... I even bought a zip tool blade to no avail. The real trouble is it's only about 3" off the floor and 3" deep... too deep, and not high enough to use a tool that would make sense. The guy at the hardware store told me to use a sawz-all. ummm... he forgot that I'm up against the wall and don't have ANY urge to battle the hidden studs.


On my way home from the Hardware store I needed an extra moment to cool off. I have been going a a pretty crazy pace for a few weeks and took 10 minutes for myself and went to the beach. I took a couple of snaps. I really have been enjoying the sky lately. I know it may sound funny, but the colors have been very vivid and I've been missing the beautiful summer blue sky against the green. With everything just starting to pop. It's been inspiring, and I've been out looking for some big sky. This was the best I could do with my little camera.


After coming home and rousing the kids (hurray, another nap day), I took them for a walk around the block. It's 3/4 of a mile and they are tired when we're done, so I like to impose it on them on nice days like today. The sky got really dramatic and I was able to take a few pictures of it. The boys ate really well after that and played nicely. Now back to the grind.

No comments: