Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday Dinner

After a full day of work, out we went to dinner at Scoozzi in New Haven. Another place was recommended but we thought we'd venture out with only Zagats as our guide. The restaurant looks like it is built to serve mostly outdoor clients in the summer months. Summer or Winter it would be a bit loud,and trendy, but still very good food. Lise and I found the front door after a little wandering through a coffee shop/book store off the main drag. It was fun to hang out with the college kids for a bit. Lise and I especially got a kick out of a few kids talking about how they were pissed that their landlord was keeping the deposit on the account of a "few broken windows". I mean really... you gotta expect things like that to happen... Ummm sure... right.I forget what it's like to be a young adult sometimes now. I guess there was a day where that wasn't over the top... After exploring Chapel street a bit, we finally got to the front door which looked like a little red booth with an elevator.
Lise and I both enjoyed our dinners thoroughly and split a 1/2 a bottle of Chianti. It reminded me of so many places I'd been to in NY city. It was a little crowded, noisy and busy, but we enjoyed every minute of time to ourselves. I don't get to spend time where we are not worrying about a child or a calamity, so it was nice to just sit and talk.
After Dinner, we shared some cannoli and a cup of coffee before we headed back to reality.

Lise appreciation day 2 and she's already asked for mercy. Tonight Lise told me that she didn't want anymore surprises... I am not certain I can oblige... but we'll see. :)

No comments: