Wednesday, April 16, 2008

4 yr old + sibling = Drama

OK.. so Today didn't start out in a stellar way. At 4:30, Connor woke up and I went to tuck him back in. At 4:50, Ryan came in my room and informed me he had wet himself (he really hadn't, much) and after using the bathroom, I changed him and back to bed... Now.. about a week ago I made a point with Ryan that he should try to go back to sleep in his own bed, and that we want him to go to sleep more. This am, he must have figured that he wanted a good reason to come back in, so he screamed at the top of his lungs and ran into the room as if he were being chased by lions.
Lise and I both shrieked and sat up in bed, I was ready to go fight off an intruder and then it struck me that the manipulator had struck.

There are many times that I defer to Lise's endless patience, mostly so I wont SAY something I might regret. This morning... I deferred to that patience to save the life of a 4 year old boy. I came back in after I started my shower up and told Ryan that I knew what he was up to... when I told him, he turned white as a sheet. I then informed him that the next time he did that, I was going to spank him and lock him in his room, even if I see someone in there, so he'd better think of a different entrance plan. He apologized, but I have to admit I fell horrible today, and Lise is planning on going out tonight and tomorrow night... so I hope I hold up.

No comments: