Sunday, April 27, 2008

(End Scene)

Mike and Amy stayed the night and we actually slept! :) Nora and Ryan slept in his room and Abby and Connor slept in their own room. wha-hoo. Anyway, the next day was full of running around the house. Mike played "monster" with the kids upstairs when it was raining. It was a fun day, but exhausting and I slept like the dead Sunday night.

I think the best part of the day, besides the game of monster and the company of good friends, was the non-stop eating festival. Tacos, Cheeze-its and home made pizzas. (BUURRRRP)



The one break I had in the day was nap time. I spent my "nap time" on the road to see my cousin Greg. He has had such a rough road over the last couple of weeks. A few years ago, he developed an angiofibroma in his nasal cavity, and had it removed. This week, I found out he had a new one and had it removed. They had to have his jaw cut open and give him a tracheotomy. I certainly see this differently now that I'm a parent. I empathise with his family and him. It's a tough struggle, and he's doing a fantastic job of finding a way through. They say he will be out this week, and I'll stop by if I can before he goes.

No comments: