Monday, March 10, 2008

Back to the grind... kinda

I went back to work today and all was about as well as it gets when I got struck down with intense nausea. It never went further than that, but it took about 1 hour in bed to clear the cobwebs out of my head. I went back on my diet today, and I think it was a lack of food after so many days of binging in NJ. Phew. I totally thought I was going to lose it.

After the waves passed, I was pretty tired, but I snapped a few pictures to show you the new chandelier in the office. I hung it on Sunday and got a picture of it and the rug tonight. Now, when you see these pictures, I want to flash back to my old apartment in NY. I had a black rug, and entertainment center ...and couch in my stark white little room 2 floors above the main street in Hartsdale. Lise teased me all the time about my black and white house.... and then she chooses a black and white carpet, dark lamp with my dark desk. I have to admit I was stunned. When I brought it up to her, she acknowledged it "fit" and that the room was green which is better than my stark builder's white den with my clothes strewn about. :) The theme continued when Lise suggested we hang the relief I got from Cambodia in 1999. It was nice to see it hung up again, this time over the bed. I assume this room would be different if she had to spend every day in there, but I'm not complaining. Now this room is done except for the baseboards....
I brought back 3 of these images and this is the one I kept. I got the one I gave Lise back when I married. Good deal with or without the picture. :)

No comments: