Sunday, August 17, 2008

King Crimson

So on my little vacation time, I also took in a concert in NYC last night. It was tiring after driving the entire day before, but a lot of fun to hang out with Gene, and see a show. I saw King Crimson on their 40th anniversary tour. it was a very good show, and I was happy to have gotten a chance to go. Thanks Anthony for the opportunity, and thanks Gene for coming with me.

For anyone concerned, Time Square is the same as it was about 5 years ago, when I went last. Which is still WAY different than it was, say 20 years ago. :)

Update... A Picture from Gene's phone of the stage.

4 comments:

Adi said...

I sat 4th row from the back. Sound was not 'in your face' - was too constructed and distant. I missed the explosion.

Anthony and Karen said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! Loved that first picture. Mom

Mike G (moobier) said...

I was a pretty good show from where I sat, but I have to admit that it felt like the band "warmed up" as the show went on, and I would have like to have heard Fripp do more solo work. My brother saw the show the night before and when we talked about it the next day, he said the same thing. He had been up font and really said the bass drums were a bit overpowering from his vantage point.... Not that I feel bad for him as he was in the 3rd row. :)

Mike G (moobier) said...

It's great that I didn't know that my little blog page would be picked up by a reviewer from DMG (http://www.dgmlive.com/news.htm?position=10&artist=&). I would have been more likely to blather on. :) Anyway... thanks for the link.
-Mike