Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas break musings.

We're almost finished with Christmas. It's like the holiday that never ends. I like it because I get to see family and friends that I don't normally get an opportunity to see, however, I get so exhausted in the process that I feel happy to be back at home for a day or two after the visitation is over. :)

Here are the pictures so far....




Today we have some more friends stopping by and tomorrow I am going to start installing hardwood floors in Ryan's room if this cold I have brewing doesn't overcome me in the morning.

This year, I completed a kitchen renovation that took about 5 days of time, and with the help of my family, we completely gutted and replaced my kitchen. It was hard work, but I loved the results:


Kitchen Renovation




I have since installed new flooring into my bedroom and my brother-in-law helped me install some recessed lighting in our living room. Next will be Ryan's and Connor's rooms along with gutting the three bathrooms. (eek) Lise and I are excited about the transformation, but we have to get some trim work completed and a few weekend projects done before we can get our teeth into the baths. Who knows, maybe I'll changes jobs and work as a carpenter like my grandfather.

Ok.. back to more house cleaning and getting Connor to go to sleep. If anyone knows anything I leagally do to make an overtired 3 year old take a nap, I'd be interested.

No comments: