Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh yeah, and we did that too

So many things to Blog about I have to get back into the rhythm of it, because I realise I just try to make up a months worth of entries that I cant even remember half of what we did... the Summers here are SO busy....

We went to a party at out friend Sara and Bobby Clark's place a few weeks back... we had a GREAT time just hanging out and listening to music. They put on such a great back yard BBQ, that I don't have words for it... just amazing...

The part I always enjoy the most is the live band that plays. I know it's people that Sara and Bobby know, but nothing beats a live band to play for your guests. They also had a bounce house and food for a million people. ... and all of it great. We are truly blessed with knowing great families. This year, among the kiddie rides was a "zero gravity" machine, which was a Carney kinda hang by your feet ride that I had to try ... Ryan took this picture of me before jumping on himself... while he was really too small to ride the ride, he had fun just getting into position and seeing what it was like up there. After a few seconds he came back to earth and told everyone that it "wasn't so bad.... but (he'd) been on scarier rides, like driving in Grandpa's race car." HA!

After that we took a ride through Mystic... we miss it there, but love where we are now... we took a stop at Mystic Pizza for a nostalgic grinder. Lise used to stop by for a bite every week when she was pregnant with Ryan just five years ago.... and no, they didn't recognize her. :)


Father's Day came and went with a few surprises... WE had breakfast with the Fannons and had a great time. There is this little all you can eat brunch buffet in Branford that is 40 lbs in the making... you gain weight coming in the door. :) So for Father's day brunch, I had... Ribs, chicken, waffles, eggs, bacon, and yes... cake... big delicious chocolate mousse with peanut butter filling that was fab. The kids loved it too....


Maybe as much as me... don't know... and since it was father's day.... I'll be happy to think we all had as good a time as I did, and that's that. :)



I know that's it's out of order, but I'll mention again that we had Ryan's birthday...
and after that we went to wish my cousin well after finishing his medical degree. Now a doctor and a nurse are in the family and younger than me... good... free check ups for the old guy, I'm all for that!


The day after Ryan's 5th birthday, we headed up to Storrs to join him and congratulate him. I also wanted to see my cousin Greg who I'd last seen in the hospital. His recovery hasn't been easy, but I'm happy yo say he looks way better, and I think he's coming around. :)


During the party, Connor was his usual self and said "hi" to everyone and sat on laps of all the older people. He is especially attracted to people he's never met, which makes him alot of fun at parties and not so cool at the mall....
At least Ryan finds the humor in it...

No comments: