Saturday, June 7, 2008

Playscape

First, let me agree with you right away that I have been a horrible blogger. Life got in the way as I predicted early in the year and now I find myself squirreling away in my office to post. So much has happened since my last blog... I'll just stick to the highlight reel. If you recall, in February, I purchased a play scape for the kids from Toys R'US and we looked at the frozen tundra of the lawn as we unloaded the van, and thought, how nice it will be when it's up and done....
Then came the tear down of the old set, Bobcat rental , Kidney and sinus infections,delays, trips to NJ, and family obligations that left my poor yard with a giant hole in it for almost a month while I laid up sick. Not that I am complaining, while I was sick, Lise let me sleep in and I got to be king for almost 2 weeks. People at work were very nice to me and my family called regularly to see if I had passed on just about every day. :) ... I got better an had to reattack the monster project
Here is Lise enjoying the pit we provided for the month. The children were thrilled with the gaping hole int he earth and sorted thru the earth's crust for all types of things... Earthworms were top of the list, as were snake holes (thanks to my neighbor... who brought a dead one for Connor to play with ...ick) Trucks were parked in my ex-park like setting for about 4 weeks before It was my birthday and we set the whole thing up....



1 comment:

Em & Tim said...

Saw the parade they held for you on your birthday... Is this the new Gazzillo playground?? You've really made your mark in Clinton CT.
:)